MT4 and data is free for life. If you opened a demo account you need to get a new username and password every month BUT that doesn’t mean reloading the software or the indicator. You just put the new username and password in there; so it remains free (demo account: https://www.fxcm.com/uk/platforms/metatrader-4/) Or you can sign up to a live account for free for life – you don’t have to fund it, so again it’s no risk, no cost, and you don’t have to do this each month as in the case of a demo account, only once ever in the case of the live one: www.alpeshpatel.com/fxcm
Just to clarify again.
- You do not need to re-download anything.
- There are two types of account. Live and demo.
- Let us start with demo.
- The link to generate a new username and password each month is https://www.fxcm.com/uk/platforms/metatrader-4/
- When you click on that page ‘Try it Now’ and then ‘Submit’ you details, you are shown a username and password – like I have attached to this email, having done this for you. See attachment called ‘peter’
- Where do you put this login or username and password details? Into your existing MT4 platform on which PP already sits. But where is that login box on your existing MT4?
- How? See the image saying ‘click’ attached to this email.
- (Do not be fooled by anything saying ‘download’ – that is for those people who have not already downloaded MT4. But you have. So you don’t need to download it again)
- Now, let’s say you did not want to do this each month; because for a demo or ‘practice’ account you have to do it each month. What do you do?
- You can go to www.alpeshpatel.com/fxcm and open what is called a live account.
- But don’t you need to put money into a live account? No. You can leave it ‘unfunded’.
- Then you will get a different log in and password and you will select when you log in to MT4 a ‘Real’ server not a ‘Demo’ server. A server is what sends price data to your MT4 software on your computer.
- With this ‘live account’ username or login and password, you never need to do this all again, because it is not a demo account.
- Do you need to re-download MT4? No
- Do you need to re-download PP? No.